Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP) is a UK wide part-funded government scheme which helps businesses of all sizes to innovate and grow. With grants of up to 67%, a KTP can enable your business to bring in new skills and the latest academic thinking to deliver a specific, strategic innovation project.
A KTP achieves this through forming a mutually beneficial Partnership between your business, a university and a graduate or postgraduate (known as a KTP Associate).
Benefits to a business
- Embed expertise – a suitably qualified graduate or postgraduate will be based at the business leading on the project, transferring new knowledge and expanding your capability allowing you to grow and innovate beyond the project lifetime
- Drive competitive advantage – accelerated innovation and the possibility of creating Intellectual Property through knowledge transfer
- Increase revenue and profits – new knowledge gained through the project can give access to new markets, new product development, efficiency gains and increased productivity
- Access state of the art resources – cost-effective access to unique resources including research expertise and cutting-edge technology and equipment
- Part-funded by government – funding for small and medium-sized businesses will cover 67% of the project cost, leaving around £22-25,000 a year for your company to pay. Funding for larger companies will cover around 50% of the project cost, leaving an average of around £34-38,000 a year to pay. That’s great value especially as evidence shows that businesses who invest in R&D grow twice as fast and have higher exports compared to non-innovators
Why partner with Nottingham?
The KTP team at Nottingham have a combined experience of over 50 years in KTP and offer support throughout the lifetime of KTP projects, from early stage, exploratory enquiries through to help with final reports. With over 100 KTPs to date, the KTP team offers full proposal development support to ensure your proposal has the very best chance of success.
Who we’ve helped
We’ve worked with businesses of all sizes over the years across a number of industries.
Take a look at some of our Case Studies to find out more.
If you are interested in KTP and want to find out more please get in touch at email@example.com.
Further information about KTP and Government funding for business can be found here.